Winnipeg man burned by exploding Galaxy S7 (not Note 7!)

You read the title correctly. Amarjit Mann from Winnipeg was driving down the road when he felt his Samsung Galaxy S7 get very warm in his pocket. When he removed it from his pocket, he says it exploded. Sparks flew out, with one, hitting him in the face.

Take note. He owns the S7, not the Note 7 which has been recalled by Samsung.

This is hopefully a one-off case for the Galaxy S7 model, but after all the recent incidents with Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7s, (and even their washing machines) blowing up and causing injuries, even one device from the S7 could cause further turmoil.

Amarjit Mann has already contacted his carrier, but was referred to Samsung, who he’ll contact next.

Source: Winnipeg Sun
Photo Credit: Kevin King/Winnipeg Sun/Postmedia Network

Rob Blaich

Rob is the Chief Writer and Founder of Eh! For Android. His current devices are the Huawei Nexus 6P, and the Pebble Time.

%d bloggers like this: